Summer holidays in Cornwall at Atlantic Bays!
Whether you prefer to soak up the sun by relaxing on the beach or head out on an action-packed adventure, you can’t beat summer holidays in Cornwall! August is a fantastic time to visit the county, with warm weather and blue skies almost guaranteed. With the sun beating down, BBQ on the go and cold drink in hand, what could be better?
Atlantic Bays is the perfect choice for summer holidays in Cornwall, with a superb location on the county’s north coast. Here you’re close to the vibrant resort of Newquay, the picturesque harbour town of Padstow, the outstanding natural beauty of the North Cornwall coast and Bodmin Moor and some of the county’s best family attractions, including the Eden Project, Newquay Zoo and Blue Reef Aquarium.
But there’s more! Cornwall really comes alive in those busy summer weeks, with an action packed line-up of great local events, ready to tempt you to come along! They’re what make summer holidays in Cornwall extra special! Here we take a look at just some of the summer calendar highlights…
Sample some great local entertainment
- Falmouth Week, from 5-14 August, has grown into the largest sailing regatta in the South West with 450 yachts racing over eight days. There’s also plenty happening on dry land with a marching carnival, fireworks display and themed party nights!
- Boardmasters, from 10-14 August, is one the biggest music festivals on the calendar, attracting thousands of people to Cornwall to see some of the music industry’s biggest names, including Snoop Dogg. It also includes part of the ASP World Surfing Tour, with events taking place at Fistral Beach.
- Padstow Seafood & Beer Festival, on 13 August, will take place to raise funds for the National Lobster Hatchery. It is the first year the event has been held but, in true Padstow fashion, is bound to be one not to miss!
- Fowey Regatta, from 14-20 August is a huge event! If you like your sailing then head to this picture-postcard south coast town for a week of fun on the water. Look out for the colourful carnival and annual display by the Red Arrows!
- Cornwall Folk Festival, from 26-29 August, sees the nearby town of Wadebridge come alive to the sound of music! See some of the folk world’s biggest names play in a variety of venues across the town. There’s always an international line-up of names and this year is no different!
- Head down to Lusty Glaze for the annual beach tag rugby tournament from 26-28 August for three days of rugby on the sand. Now in its 16th year, this very special tournament brings families and teams back to the beach every August Bank Holiday. The event attracts around 70 teams, all eager to battle it out to become Champions.
With a great line-up of events and top local attractions and destinations to visit, Atlantic Bays is the perfect location for summer holidays in Cornwall! We have a great range of accommodation available, including luxury holiday lodges, touring, camping and glamping pods!